HART Sapphire and Ruby Umpire Squads 2022.
Netball Queensland would like to congratulate the following umpires on being selected for the HART Sapphire and Ruby Series Umpire Squads for the 2022 season.
HART Sapphire Umpire Squad 2022.
- Cara Wennerbom
- Claire Kleinschmidt
- Dianne Fawcett
- Jamie Maher
- Jessica Lakeman
- Karlee Farthing
- Kimberley Forman
- Lucy Miller
- Marc Henning
- Nicola Stevens
- Rachel Thomas
HART Ruby Umpire Squad 2022.
- Abbey Bassingthwaighte
- Ashleigh O’Hare
- Bridget Fletcher
- Elisa Dennis
- Kelly Findlay
- Meggenn Birch
- Miah Hickman
- Miranda Callum
- Seryse Lewis
- Tara Thurbon
How are umpires selected into the HART Sapphire and Ruby Umpire Squad?
Umpires are identified at previous Netball Queensland competitions and events (Vicki Wilson Champs, various forms of Premier League, and 16u & 18u State Titles).
Umpire Coaches provide the NQ Officials Development Coordinator with recommendations of umpires to be annually selected into either the Sapphire or Ruby Umpire Squad based upon their performance capabilities and exceeding the following selection criteria:
- Performance and capability at Netball Queensland’s highest level of game/training session;
- Commitment and regularity to umpiring for Netball Qld comps and events;
- Coachability and identified with potential for further development and progression to higher levels;
- Proven minimum level of fitness (YoYo Test – Level 14.1); and
- National A Badge Accreditation (or working towards achieving an A Badge).
- National B Badge Accreditation is accepted for the Ruby Squad.
What is expected of the umpires in these squads?
An insight into what the selected umpires endure to ensure they are ready to umpire to the best of their ability consist of:
- Umpire High Performance team training sessions and match play, and educate teams about rules interpretation when required
- Provided with a running program from Firebirds conditioning staff to enhance fitness and preparation for the season
- Complete a minimum 14.1 on the YoYo Intermittent Test to demonstrate fitness level
- Participate in multiple online Zoom theory development sessions
- Provided with nutrition information to assist with maximising energy consumption and convert to a high-level physical output
- Detail an Individual Umpire Development Plan and liaise with umpire coaches to assist with umpire development
- Self-assessing their umpire performance from the match vision, and provide examples linking to the Umpire’s Development Plan